A significant portion of Car Accidents in Georgia are caused by distracted driving, which means if people paid more attention to the road, severe or even fatal injuries could be avoided.
There are many ways for a person to become distracted while operating a motor vehicle. Here are some of the most common causes of distracted driving in Georgia:
- Cell Phones: One of the top causes of distracted driving is the use of cell phones. This can range from texting, talking, using social media, or taking pictures while trying to stay focused on the road. It only takes a second to look down at the screen of a cell phone before you realize you are about to cause a serious collision.
- Other Passengers: Many people report being distracted by the other passengers in the vehicle. Whether it is your children or the person in the seat next to you, turning to give your attention to someone other than the road, can lead to crash.
- Car Radio: Trying to program your favorite station or find the best song will take your attention away from the traffic in front of you.
- Eating or Drinking: When you get behind the wheel of a vehicle, it is not the time to eat a cheeseburger, snack on a bag of chips, or drink your morning coffee. The amount of attention you need to place into not spilling or dropping your food may cause detrimental injuries to yourself or other's involved.
- Programming a GPS Device: Many motorists become distracted when trying to look at a GPS for directions. As helpful as they can be to get you where you need to go, they can also take your attention away from driving long enough to cause an accident.
Regardless of the activity, keeping your attention focused on driving and eliminating all of the unnecessary distractions can make a huge difference in the safety of the driver, as well as, other motorists.
Why You Should Hire A Car Accident Injury Attorney
The reality is, even if you follow all of the traffic laws and keep your attention focused on driving, you may still be involved in a car accident due to another driver being distracted.
If you have become a victim of a distracted driver in Georgia, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages.
At Our Georgia Law Firm, we have a team of experienced Personal Injury Attorneys who can help fight for your legal rights and the compensation you deserve.
Click on the link below if you would like to see how one of our expert Injury Lawyers can help after being involved in a car accident that was not your fault.