Personal Injury Attorney in Jonesboro Georgia
Have you or your loved one been injured in an accident that wasn't your fault, our Jonesboro Personal Injury Attorneys can help.
Our Jonesboro legal staff are highly trained at building your distinct case from the ground up. With any serious injury the person's focus should be on getting better-not having to deal with insurance companies hassling you for more and more information while dragging their feet to avoid payment.
Our lawyers will fully investigate and do whatever else is helpful and necessary to help you win your case.
Consider the following factors when selecting a Jonesboro personal injury lawyer:
- How well are their negotiating skills ?
- Do they have the ability to listen?
- Is there compassion for your case and empathy towards your personal loses?
- What types of law does the firm specialize in?
- Where did the attorney attend law school?
Which ever legal counsel you select, how personable your legal counsel is at presenting your case to the courts and how well they can negotiate the facts of your injuries to the insurance companies is significant in getting a high settlement and winning your claim.
The Four Factors of the law of Tort
- The law of tort seeks to compensate victims for injuries suffered by the culpable action (meaning the act was wrong but did not involve any evil intent by the wrongdoer.)
- There is a demand for cost of such injuries to the person or persons legally responsible for inflicting harm.
- Discourages risky or careless behavior in the future.
- Lastly, seeks to absolve legal rights and interests that have been compromised, diminished, or emasculated.
In comparison to criminal law, a tort action in a Georgia personal injury case does not consist of the government prosecuting the wrongdoer. More precise, these cases involve a private plaintiff seeking compensation (usually cash) for the harm caused by the defendant’s actions.
Personal Injury Compensation: What is your Case Worth?
Once negligence has been determined in a personal injury case, the defendant must pay the plaintiff for all damages caused by the defendant. These payments are referred to as compensations and are directly related to your past, present, and future medical bills.
Other losses can be factored in depending on each situation, including loss of income, and out-of-pocket expenses. Putting a dollar value on the total amount of losses is never easy. It often boils down to putting a price on things that don’t have a monetary value such as, pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
Our Jonesboro Injury Attorney's are highly trained at building your distinct case from the ground up. If we accept a case ,we will fully investigate what happened, be responsible for all communication with the at-fault party's insurance carrier and do whatever else is helpful and necessary to help you win your case.
3 types of Damages that may be awarded in a Personal Injury Case
- Economic Damages- These damages are actual expenses related to the injury that can be documented with receipts, such as, medical bills, medical devices, rehabilitation costs, documented lost wages, related prescription drugs.
- Non-economic damages- Such as pain and suffering that may be rewarded, depending on the situation. These damages are harder to assign a value to, but an experienced injury attorney will have the knowledge on how to best present the case if this type of reward is deserved.
- Punitive Damages-Are only awarded in cases where the defendant was grossly negligent or intended to cause harm. punitive damages are intended to punish the wrongdoer and prevent similar action in the future.
Our Jonesboro Accident Injury Attorneys will hold all parties accountable
Under the law, others may be held accountable for your injuries. When pursuing a tort action in a case, identifying the proper defendant can be difficult. This is because the “tortfeasor” who directly harmed the plaintiff- be it a pharmaceutical rep, truck driver, gas station tenant, or other individual-may not have the financial resources to pay a large sum. An experienced Jonesboro injury lawyer can pinpoint and sue additional parties who are liable based on their relationship to the tortfeasor, such as an employer or landlord.
Contact our Expet Lawyers in Jonesboro, Georgia
We can help put a dollar value on your injury. Our legal team in Jonesboro strive to aggressively take on each case. We will passionately deliberate all testimony and evidence gathered, in order to gain the highest compensation possible for our clients losses. Our individualistic approach towards each client drives us to be better than the rest.
It is important to act quickly to preserve your rights! The best Jonesboro, Ga Personal Injury Attorneys are available for a free case review today! Click on the link below!